President Kenyatta unveils cabinet structure of 18
President Uhuru Kenyatta has today unveiled the structure of his Government in a statement released by Presidential Press Service
In exercise of the authority vested in him by the Constitution of Kenya
2010 and in conformity with the expectations of a lean and effective
structure, President Kenyatta officially released the list of ministries
and state departments that will form the National Executive as follows:
Under the Presidency, there will the Executive Office of the President and the Executive Office of the Deputy President with two ministries:
1. Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
2. Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
4. Foreign Affairs.
5. Education which will have the Department of Education and Department of
Science and Technology.
6. The National Treasury.
8. Transport and Infrastructure which will have the Department of
Transport Services and the Department of Infrastructure.
9. Environment, Water and Natural Resource.
10. Land, Housing and Urban Development.
11. Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) .
12. Sports, Culture and the Arts.
13. Labour, Social Security and Services.
14. Energy and Petroleum.
15. Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries under which are the Department of
Agriculture, Department of Livestock and Department of Fisheries
16. Industrialization and Enterprise Development.
17. Commerce and Tourism which has the Department of Commerce and
Department of Tourism.
The structure also contains the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice.